Last updated: 10 February 2021
We collect Personal Information about you from different sources listed below. In this Policy, “Personal Information” means any information related to an identified or identifiable individual, and does not include data whereby personally identifiable information has been removed (such as anonymous data).
Information You Provide
- Registration Information. When you register for an account on our Website, register your product on our Website, request a repair on our Website, or sign up to receive emails from us, you provide us with Personal Information such as your name, email address, phone number, product information, company information, industry and job information and geographical information.
- Correspondence and other communications. When you contact us via a contact form, email, or by other means, you provide us with Personal Information such as your name, email address, phone number, company information, job information, geographic information and the contents and nature of your correspondence with us.
- Careers. If you decide that you wish to apply for a job with us, you may submit your name, email address, phone number, industry information and resume on our Website. We collect the information you choose to provide on your resume and application, such as your education and employment experience.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Identifiers and usage. When you use the Service we and third parties may automatically collect your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser information, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service, advertising identifiers and potentially non-personal information about your device including model, version and operating system. We may also collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message.
- Location information. When you use the Service, we may obtain information about your approximate physical location, for example your IP address indicates the general geographic region from which you are connected to the internet.
We also collect, create, use, and share deidentified and/or aggregated data (such as statistical or demographic data) derived from your Personal Information or use of the Service (“Aggregated Data”) for our business purposes. Aggregated Data is not Personal Information as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may deidentify and/or aggregate data about your use of our Service to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your Personal Information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we will treat the combined data as Personal Information and process it in accordance with this Policy.
- How We Use Personal Information
We use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing the Service. We use the Personal Information that we collect on the Service to operate and provide all features of the Service. For example, to allow you to use the Service, create an account, register your product, subscribe to newsletters and to repair or replace your product and contact you in case of any issue with the Service.
- Providing technical support. We use your Personal Information to provide technical support, including diagnosing and resolving any issues you report.
- Communicating with you. We may use your Personal Information as necessary to contact you for administrative purposes, including to provide information that you request, and to respond to comments and questions.
- Marketing. We may use your email address and other Personal Information to send marketing communications, including updates relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties with whom we work. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve the Service. You can opt out of receiving promotional communications as described below under “Your Rights and Choices”. Where required under applicable law, we will only send you promotional emails with your opt-in consent.
- Understanding usage and improving the Service. We use the information that we collect on the Service to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- Creating Aggregated Data. We may use your Personal Information to collect or create Aggregated Data for our business purposes.
- Administrative and legal purposes. We may use your Personal Information to address any administrative or legal issues pertaining to Fieldpiece, including processing your job application, enforcing our contracts or other legal rights, complying with legal obligations, and defending against legal claims or disputes.
- Other purposes. We may use your Personal Information for other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the Personal Information is collected.
Our Use of European Personal Information
If you are in the European Economic Area, we only process your Personal Information when we have a valid legal basis.
- Consent. We may use your Personal Information when you have given your consent to do so. For example, to send you marketing communications.
- Contractual necessity. We may use your Personal Information to perform our end of our contracts with you. For example, to provide you with the Service.
- Legal obligation. We may use your Personal Information when we are legally required to. For example, to comply with tax and accounting obligations, or to comply with a court order.
- Legitimate interest. We may use your Personal Information when we, or a third party, have a legitimate interest in doing so. For example, we have a legitimate interest in understanding usage and improving the Service. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. Some cookies are strictly necessary to make our Website available to you; for example, to perform your login functionality and for user authentication and security. We cannot provide you with the Website without this type of cookies.
- Functional cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by your name and remember your account preferences.
- Marketing cookies. These are used to provide customized advertisements, content and information to you on our Website and other websites. We use third party marketing cookie providers, including Google Ads, to help us tailor your advertisements.
You can block cookies by setting your internet browser to block some or all cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
- How We May Disclose Personal Information
We may disclose Personal Information to the following recipients and in the following circumstances:
- Vendors and service providers. We work with third party service providers who provide websites, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services to us. These third parties may have access to or process Personal Information about you as part of providing those services for us.
- Fieldpiece group. We share Personal Information about you with our affiliates and subsidiaries within the Fieldpiece group.
- Legal. We may disclose information, including Personal Information, to law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies, public authorities or pursuant to the exercise of legal proceedings if we are legally required to do so, or if we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or request, to enforce our terms and conditions, to prevent or resolve security or technical issues, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Fieldpiece, our users, a third party, or the public.
- Change of corporate ownership. Personal Information about our users may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
You may decline to share certain Personal Information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality or the Service. If you wish to access, amend, or delete any other Personal Information we hold about you, you may contact us using the contact details at the end of this Policy.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt out of receiving commercial email from us and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by contacting us using the contract details at the end of this Policy. Please be aware that after you opt out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, please also review our California Resident Privacy Notice for more information about your rights under California law.
Your European Privacy Rights
If you are in the European Economic Area, then unless otherwise indicated, Fieldpiece is the entity responsible, or “data controller” for the processing of Personal Information in this Policy. In the European Economic Area, you also have the following additional rights:
- You may request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, and exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work, or where an alleged incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information, at any time, and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
Please note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights. You may exercise these rights by contacting us as set out below.
The Service may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
Our Website is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent.
We store all Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes set out in this Policy, or for as long as we are required to do so for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal or regulatory obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so. When deleting Personal Information, we will take measures to render such Personal Information irrecoverable or irreproducible, and the electronic files which contain Personal Information will be permanently deleted.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of information that we collect and maintain. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot and do not guarantee that Personal Information about you will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
- Cross-Border Data Transfers
The Service is hosted in the United States. If you use the Service from the European Economic Area or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the European Economic Area, the U.S. or other countries or regions where we are located to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. When we do so, we shall ensure that relevant safeguards are in place to afford adequate protection for your Personal Information. Further details regarding the relevant safeguards can be obtained from us on request.
- Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Service for the first time after such material changes are made.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, or wish to exercise your rights, you may contact us via email at email@example.com or by regular mail to:
Fieldpiece Instruments, Inc.
1636 West Collins Ave
Orange, CA 92867