What To Do Before Calling Us
- Check the battery. Just unscrew the screws holding case together and open case to expose the battery (usually a 9V).
- Check the fuse. You can tell if a fuse is good or bad by performing a continuity test through the ends of the fuse. Use your meter. Be sure to remove fuse and close case before checking continuity to be safe.
- Check the leads. Try using a different pair of leads that you know are good and see if the problem remains. Also check the leads by touching their probe tips together and testing the continuity across them. If the meter doesn't show continuity, the leads are bad.
- Check the range. Make sure you're on the correct range for accessory heads. Accessory heads should be on 200mV or 2000mV AC or DC depending on the head.
- Check the cap. If you have the ARH3 or ARH4, make sure the protective cap is removed before taking measurements.
- Check calibration. Look in the manual to see how to calibrate you're meter or accessory head. The manuals are on this site if you lost yours
- If all the above check out, feel free to call our repair department at (714) 634-1844.
In the USA, your Fieldpiece meters, standalone instruments, accessory heads, and pocket tools are warranted against defects in material or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. Fieldpiece will replace or repair the defective unit, at its option, subject to verification of the defect.
This warranty does not apply to defects resulting from abuse, neglect, accident, unauthorized repair, alteration, or unreasonable use of the instrument.
Any implied warranties arising from the sale of a Fieldpiece product, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited to the above. Fieldpiece shall not be liable for loss of use of the instrument or other incidental or consequential damages, expenses, or economic loss, or for any claim of such damage, expenses, or economic loss.
State laws vary. The above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
Fieldpiece Repair Department
Phone: (714) 634-1844
Outside the USA, please contact your distibutor. Click here for a list of International distributors and their contact information.